Features of Hornady Dangerous Game .375 H&H Magnum 300 Grain Dangerous Game Solid Centerfire Rifle Ammunition:
- High Performance Hornady Bullets: From the InterLock SP-RP bullets to the heavy-hitting DGS and DGX bullets, each Dangerous Game Series load is topped with a deadly projectile.
- InterLock SP-RP Bullets: SP-RP stands for “spire point – recoil proof,” and the design of this bullet eliminates the problem of tip deformation during recoil. These heavy-duty InterLock bullets combine rugged design with improved trajectory in dangerous game rifles.
- DGS Bullets: The DGS non-expanding bullet is recommended for thick-skinned game such as elephant, rhino and hippo. Its tough copper clad steel jacket is designed to provide maximum penetration from all angles on thick-skinned and heavy boned dangerous game animals.
- DGX Bonded Bullets: DGX Bonded bullets are built to the same profile as the corresponding DGS (Dangerous Game Solid) bullets but expand to 1 1/2 to 2 times their bullet diameter. They feature a copper-clad steel jacket bonded to a lead core to provide limited, controlled expansion with deep penetration and high weight retention. Bonding the jacket to the core prevents separation from high-energy impact on tough material like bone, ensuring the bullet stays together for deep expansion.
- Powder: Powders are carefully matched to each load to ensure optimum pressure and velocity, and to regulate in double rifles. Some of our Dangerous Game Series loads feature Superformance propellant technology.
- Case And Primer: Like all Hornady ammunition, our Dangerous Game ammunition uses the highest quality cases and primers available. Consistent components translate to consistent shooting in the field.